If you’re looking for more fans of your podcast, then look no further than AudioGO. Because with features like our ‘podcast’ genre targeting, we can help introduce your show to the millions of talk radio and podcast listeners on Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and Stitcher.
But as podcasts continue to grow in popularity, those same publishers are also keeping pace themselves with some enhanced ad scrutiny. So if you are intending on using us to build your loyal following, please make sure your ad is in full compliance with the following guidelines or it may risk the possibility of getting blocked.
Some things better left unsaid
Anybody can be a podcaster these days - all you really need is a smartphone and a decent internet connection. And while you’re free to say whatever you want in your podcasts, there are certain things you’re not allowed to say in your ad. Like the following:
- Ads must directly relate to the content on the landing page, and must clearly represent the company, product, brand, or service that is being advertised. Ads must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, or contain gross exaggeration, unsubstantiated claims, spam, harmful code, or other disruptive content.
- Ads cannot insult, harass, or threaten a listener, or be vulgar, profane, abusive, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise objectionable. Targeting audiences that would likely be offended by the product or service you are promoting is a violation of AudioGO ad policy.
- Ads cannot contain hate speech, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group.
- Ads must not violate the intellectual property rights of a 3rd party.
Those who must not be named
Here’s also a shortlist of what not to say when it comes to name-dropping in your audio ad:
- Use of the publishers’ name (e.g. Pandora, iHeart, or other audio publishers), logo, or other brand features without prior approval is not permitted. For example, ads cannot mimic or resemble a publisher’s graphics, text, or other aspects of a publisher’s ‘look-and-feel.’
- Ads may not suggest the endorsement or partnership of the publisher (e.g. Pandora, iHeart, or other audio publishers).
- Ads must not promote publisher partners that are not a part of the AudioGO network, including Spotify, Apple, etc. So when telling your listeners where to download or access your podcast, it’s always best to say something to the effect of ‘download where you get your podcasts’ or promote your website instead. Please refrain from mentioning your podcast publisher's name.
These requirements have been established in the interest of maintaining the highest-quality listening experience for our streaming community. Any ads that do not adhere to the aforementioned policies may be subject to disapproval.
Thanks for your cooperation, it’s very much appreciated!
To view our ad guidelines in its entirety, please visit: https://www.audiogo.com/how-to/ad-guidelines